Philadelphia Building at Pennhurst — East Vincent, Pennsylvania
From 1908 until the 1960s the buildings were designated by letters on what was referred to as the lower campus. During the 60s buildings were given names and the letter designations were discarded. These older structures were designed by Phillip H. Johnson and were two-storied, made of red brick and terra cotta with granite trimmings. They were connected by fire-proof tunnels featuring walkways on top of the tunnels for the use of transporting residents with a parallel steam piping system – unlike other institutions these tunnels were partially above ground.
Modified Nikon D100 (Near IR capture)