Lansdowne Theater — Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
The projection room was built with a concrete floor, walls and ceiling; there are double clad metal doors which were kept closed for the entire movie. The projection windows and viewing ports had automatic shutters that would close in an instant to prevent the spread of fire to the rest of the auditorium. The workbench for rewinding and inspecting film was galvanized metal as no wood was allowed in the booth. Because when celluloid combusts, the fire generates its own oxygen, creating a flame which cannot be extinguished. It can burn underwater, it can burn beneath a fire blanket, it burns until the celluloid is gone, and any attempt to smother it creates clouds of poison gas.
More of my work can be seen here